It is hard to guess what a North American brown lemming weights. But we have the answer:
An adult North American brown lemming (Lemmus trimucronatus) on average weights 69 grams (0.15 lbs).
The North American brown lemming is from the family Cricetidae (genus: Lemmus). When reaching adult age, they grow up to 12.5 cm (0′ 5″). Usually, North American brown lemmings have 6 babies per litter.
As a reference: An average human weights in at 62 kg (137 lbs) and reaches an average size of 1.65m (5′ 5″). Humans spend 280 days (40 weeks) in the womb of their mother and reach around 75 years of age.
The North American brown lemming (Lemmus trimucronatus) is a small North American lemming. Originally called the Siberian brown lemming (Lemmus sibiricus) they were later formed into two distinct species.
Animals of the same family as a North American brown lemming
We found other animals of the Cricetidae family:
- Northern red-backed vole with a weight of 19 grams
- Kemp’s grass mouse with a weight of 26 grams
- Montane grass mouse with a size of 7.5 cm (0′ 3″)
- Aegialomys xanthaeolus with a weight of 79 grams
- Rufous-bellied bolo mouse with a weight of 32 grams
- Abrothrix illuteus with a weight of 47 grams
- Abrothrix longipilis with a weight of 38 grams
- Northern grass mouse with a weight of 44 grams
- Dark bolo mouse with a weight of 40 grams
- Nectomys rattus with a weight of 248 grams
Animals with the same weight as a North American brown lemming
As a comparison, here are some other animals that weight as much as the Lemmus trimucronatus:
- Jentink’s flying squirrel bringing 56 grams to the scale
- Zygodontomys brunneus bringing 75 grams to the scale
- Euryoryzomys legatus bringing 61 grams to the scale
- Gray leaf-eared mouse bringing 68 grams to the scale
- Least weasel bringing 79 grams to the scale
- Long-clawed mole vole bringing 75 grams to the scale
- Northern collared lemming bringing 58 grams to the scale
- Long-nosed mosaic-tailed rat bringing 82 grams to the scale
- Himalayan mole bringing 60 grams to the scale
- Oecomys roberti bringing 73 grams to the scale
Animals with the same litter size as a North American brown lemming
Here is a list of animals that have the same number of babies per litter (6) as a North American brown lemming: