It is hard to guess what a Grey red-backed vole weights. But we have the answer:
An adult Grey red-backed vole (Myodes rufocanus) on average weights 36 grams (0.08 lbs).
The Grey red-backed vole is from the family Cricetidae (genus: Myodes). It is usually born with about 2 grams (0 lbs). When reaching adult age, they grow up to 10.6 cm (0′ 5″). On average, Grey red-backed voles can have babies 3 times per year with a litter size of 5.
As a reference: An average human weights in at 62 kg (137 lbs) and reaches an average size of 1.65m (5′ 5″). Humans spend 280 days (40 weeks) in the womb of their mother and reach around 75 years of age.
The grey red-backed vole or the grey-sided vole (Myodes rufocanus) is a species of vole. An adult grey red-backed vole weighs 20-50 grams. This species ranges across northern Eurasia, including northern China, the northern Korean Peninsula, and the islands of Sakhalin and Hokkaidō. It is larger and longer-legged than the northern red-backed vole (Myodes rutilus), which covers a similar range and it is also sympatric with the Norwegian lemming (Lemmus lemmus).
Animals of the same family as a Grey red-backed vole
We found other animals of the Cricetidae family:
- Pleasant bolo mouse with a weight of 27 grams
- Kolan vole with 1 babies per litter
- Kemp’s grass mouse with a weight of 26 grams
- Handleyomys fuscatus with a weight of 49 grams
- Altiplano grass mouse with a weight of 20 grams
- Blyth’s vole with 1 babies per litter
- Hylaeamys megacephalus with a weight of 57 grams
- Gerbil leaf-eared mouse with a weight of 17 grams
- Abrothrix andinus with a weight of 24 grams
- Northern grass mouse with a weight of 44 grams
Animals with the same weight as a Grey red-backed vole
As a comparison, here are some other animals that weight as much as the Myodes rufocanus:
- Paraguayan fat-tailed mouse opossum bringing 34 grams to the scale
- Pale spear-nosed bat bringing 36 grams to the scale
- Fresno kangaroo rat bringing 41 grams to the scale
- White-ankled mouse bringing 38 grams to the scale
- Common tube-nosed fruit bat bringing 29 grams to the scale
- Ecuadorian grass mouse bringing 39 grams to the scale
- Four-toed rice tenrec bringing 35 grams to the scale
- Jico deer mouse bringing 40 grams to the scale
- Wood lemming bringing 30 grams to the scale
- Spotted bolo mouse bringing 37 grams to the scale
Animals with the same litter size as a Grey red-backed vole
Here is a list of animals that have the same number of babies per litter (5) as a Grey red-backed vole: