It is hard to guess what a Kalinowski’s agouti weights. But we have the answer:
An adult Kalinowski’s agouti (Dasyprocta kalinowskii) on average weights 2.65 kg (5.84 lbs).
The Kalinowski’s agouti is from the family Dasyproctidae (genus: Dasyprocta). When reaching adult age, they grow up to 17.5 cm (0′ 7″).
As a reference: An average human weights in at 62 kg (137 lbs) and reaches an average size of 1.65m (5′ 5″). Humans spend 280 days (40 weeks) in the womb of their mother and reach around 75 years of age.
Kalinowski’s agouti (Dasyprocta kalinowskii) is a species of rodent in the family Dasyproctidae. It is endemic to southeast Peru. It occurs at elevations of up to 3,080 metres (10,100 ft) asl. It is threatened by habitat loss.
Animals of the same family as a Kalinowski’s agouti
We found other animals of the Dasyproctidae family:
- Orinoco agouti bringing 2.65 kilos (5.84 lbs) to the scale
- Black-rumped agouti bringing 2.9 kilos (6.39 lbs) to the scale
- Red-rumped agouti bringing 3.02 kilos (6.66 lbs) to the scale
- Central American agouti bringing 2.31 kilos (5.09 lbs) to the scale
- Mexican agouti bringing 5 kilos (11.02 lbs) to the scale
- Crested agouti bringing 2.65 kilos (5.84 lbs) to the scale
- Azara’s agouti bringing 2.98 kilos (6.57 lbs) to the scale
- Black agouti bringing 3.5 kilos (7.72 lbs) to the scale
- Green acouchi with a weight of 966 grams
- Red acouchi bringing 1.25 kilos (2.76 lbs) to the scale
Animals with the same weight as a Kalinowski’s agouti
As a comparison, here are some other animals that weight as much as the Dasyprocta kalinowskii:
- Johnston’s genet with a weight of 2.23 kilos (4.92 lbs)
- Gray-headed lemur with a weight of 2.4 kilos (5.29 lbs)
- Hispid hare with a weight of 2.5 kilos (5.51 lbs)
- Egyptian mongoose with a weight of 3 kilos (6.61 lbs)
- Aye-aye with a weight of 2.74 kilos (6.04 lbs)
- Granada hare with a weight of 2.33 kilos (5.14 lbs)
- Spectacled hare-wallaby with a weight of 2.82 kilos (6.22 lbs)
- Pale fox with a weight of 2.8 kilos (6.17 lbs)
- White-sided jackrabbit with a weight of 2.61 kilos (5.75 lbs)
- American hog-nosed skunk with a weight of 2.58 kilos (5.69 lbs)