It is hard to guess what a Crested agouti weights. But we have the answer:
An adult Crested agouti (Dasyprocta cristata) on average weights 2.65 kg (5.84 lbs).
The Crested agouti is from the family Dasyproctidae (genus: Dasyprocta). When reaching adult age, they grow up to 17.5 cm (0′ 7″). Usually, Crested agoutis have 2 babies per litter.
As a reference: An average human weights in at 62 kg (137 lbs) and reaches an average size of 1.65m (5′ 5″). Humans spend 280 days (40 weeks) in the womb of their mother and reach around 75 years of age.
The crested agouti (Dasyprocta cristata) is a species of rodent in the family Dasyproctidae. It is endemic to Guyana and Suriname. Its taxonomic status is uncertain and it may be synonymous with Dasyprocta leporina, leading the IUCN to rate it as Data Deficient.
Animals of the same family as a Crested agouti
We found other animals of the Dasyproctidae family:
- Black agouti bringing 3.5 kilos (7.72 lbs) to the scale
- Red acouchi bringing 1.25 kilos (2.76 lbs) to the scale
- Central American agouti bringing 2.31 kilos (5.09 lbs) to the scale
- Red-rumped agouti bringing 3.02 kilos (6.66 lbs) to the scale
- Red acouchi with a weight of 949 grams
- Azara’s agouti bringing 2.98 kilos (6.57 lbs) to the scale
- Black-rumped agouti bringing 2.9 kilos (6.39 lbs) to the scale
- Orinoco agouti bringing 2.65 kilos (5.84 lbs) to the scale
- Green acouchi with a weight of 966 grams
- Mexican agouti bringing 5 kilos (11.02 lbs) to the scale
Animals with the same weight as a Crested agouti
As a comparison, here are some other animals that weight as much as the Dasyprocta cristata:
- Wedge-capped capuchin with a weight of 2.79 kilos (6.15 lbs)
- Sri Lankan spotted chevrotain with a weight of 3.11 kilos (6.86 lbs)
- Sanford’s brown lemur with a weight of 2.39 kilos (5.27 lbs)
- Black lemur with a weight of 2.48 kilos (5.47 lbs)
- Granada hare with a weight of 2.33 kilos (5.14 lbs)
- Dusky pademelon with a weight of 2.74 kilos (6.04 lbs)
- Short-eared possum with a weight of 3.13 kilos (6.9 lbs)
- Marbled cat with a weight of 2.83 kilos (6.24 lbs)
- Black-footed mongoose with a weight of 2.62 kilos (5.78 lbs)
- Black-tailed jackrabbit with a weight of 2.42 kilos (5.34 lbs)
Animals with the same litter size as a Crested agouti
Here is a list of animals that have the same number of babies per litter (2) as a Crested agouti: