What is the maximal age a California myotis reaches?
An adult California myotis (Myotis californicus) usually gets as old as 15 years.
When born, they weight 1 grams (0 lbs) and measure 5 cm (0′ 2″). As a member of the Vespertilionidae family (genus: Myotis), a California myotis gets offspring up to 1 times per year. Fully grown, they reach a bodylength of 36.3 cm (1′ 3″).
As a reference: Usually, humans get as old as 100 years, with the average being around 75 years. After being carried in the belly of their mother for 280 days (40 weeks), they grow to an average size of 1.65m (5′ 5″) and weight in at 62 kg (137 lbs), which is obviously highly individual.
The California myotis (Myotis californicus) is a species of vesper bat. It is found in British Columbia in Canada, Guatemala, Mexico, and in the western United States, including California.
Animals of the same family as a California myotis
Not really brothers and sisters, but from the same biological family (Vespertilionidae):
- Greenish yellow bat with 2 babies per pregnancy
- Big brown bat becoming 20 years old
- Western small-footed bat bringing the scale to 4 grams
- Pygmy long-eared bat bringing the scale to 4 grams
- Cinnamon myotis bringing the scale to 4 grams
- Peters’s trumpet-eared bat with 1 babies per pregnancy
- Great bent-winged bat bringing the scale to 15 grams
- Northern bat becoming 15.5 years old
- Hairy-tailed bat bringing the scale to 14 grams
- Surat serotine bringing the scale to 13 grams
Animals that reach the same age as California myotis
With an average age of 15 years, California myotis are in good companionship of the following animals:
- Striped skunk usually reaching 12.92 years
- Common bent-wing bat usually reaching 14 years
- Iberian ibex usually reaching 16 years
- Meerkat usually reaching 12.5 years
- Coquerel’s giant mouse lemur usually reaching 15.25 years
- Malabar large-spotted civet usually reaching 14 years
- Red-fronted gazelle usually reaching 13.5 years
- Indian pangolin usually reaching 13.5 years
- Heterohyrax antineae usually reaching 12 years
- Prince Demidoff’s bushbaby usually reaching 14 years
Weighting as much as California myotis
A fully grown California myotis reaches around 4 grams (0.01 lbs). So do these animals:
- Elegant myotis with 4 grams
- Proboscis bat with 4 grams
- Black-winged little yellow bat with 4 grams
- Beccari’s sheath-tailed bat with 4 grams
- Borneo roundleaf bat with 4 grams
- Trinidad dog-like bat with 4 grams
- Yellow-lipped bat with 4 grams
- Carmen Mountain shrew with 4 grams
- Remy’s pygmy shrew with 4 grams
- Peters’s sheath-tailed bat with 4 grams