How many baby Akodon boliviensiss are in a litter?
A Akodon boliviensis (Akodon boliviensis) usually gives birth to around 4 babies.
Upon birth, they weight 104 grams (0.23 lbs) and measure 4 cm (0′ 2″). They are a member of the Muridae family (genus: Akodon). An adult Akodon boliviensis grows up to a size of 58.3 cm (1′ 11″).
To have a reference: Humans obviously usually have a litter size of one ;). Their babies are in the womb of their mother for 280 days (40 weeks) and reach an average size of 1.65m (5′ 5″). They weight in at 62 kg (137 lbs), which is obviously highly individual, and reach an average age of 75 years.
Akodon boliviensis, also known as the Bolivian grass mouse or Bolivian akodont, is a species of rodent in the family Cricetidae. It is found in the Andes from southeastern Peru through Bolivia into northwestern Argentina.
Other animals of the family Muridae
Akodon boliviensis is a member of the Muridae, as are these animals:
- Northeast African mole-rat with 1 babies per pregnancy
- Dalton’s mouse with 5 babies per pregnancy
- Pale field rat with 5 babies per pregnancy
- Thomas’s water mouse weighting only 40 grams
- Greater mole-rat with 2 babies per pregnancy
- Southern African vlei rat with 1 babies per pregnancy
- Siberian brown lemming with 6 babies per pregnancy
- Field vole with 4 babies per pregnancy
- Nephelomys levipes weighting only 60 grams
- Gray-bellied pencil-tailed tree mouse weighting only 28 grams
Animals that share a litter size with Akodon boliviensis
Those animals also give birth to 4 babies at once:
- Lesser Egyptian gerbil
- Merriam’s pocket mouse
- Lesser short-tailed gerbil
- Least chipmunk
- Bunchgrass leaf-eared mouse
- Short-tailed bandicoot rat
- Beaded wood mouse
- Boehm’s gerbil
- Sonoma chipmunk
- Talas tuco-tuco
Animals with the same weight as a Akodon boliviensis
What other animals weight around 27 grams (0.06 lbs)?
- Pinyon mouse weighting 27 grams
- Agile antechinus weighting 22 grams
- Egyptian tomb bat weighting 24 grams
- Northern yellow bat weighting 22 grams
- Hoary bat weighting 27 grams
- Kemp’s grass mouse weighting 26 grams
- Gray-bellied pencil-tailed tree mouse weighting 28 grams
- Sandstone false antechinus weighting 23 grams
- True’s vole weighting 22 grams
- Cheesman’s gerbil weighting 28 grams