How many baby Chocolate wattled bats are in a litter?
A Chocolate wattled bat (Chalinolobus morio) usually gives birth to around 1 babies.With 1 litters per year, that sums up to a yearly offspring of 1 babies.
Upon birth, they weight 1 grams (0 lbs) and measure 3.6 cm (0′ 2″). They are a member of the Vespertilionidae family (genus: Chalinolobus). An adult Chocolate wattled bat grows up to a size of 8.3 cm (0′ 4″).
To have a reference: Humans obviously usually have a litter size of one ;). Their babies are in the womb of their mother for 280 days (40 weeks) and reach an average size of 1.65m (5′ 5″). They weight in at 62 kg (137 lbs), which is obviously highly individual, and reach an average age of 75 years.
The chocolate wattled bat, species Chalinolobus morio, is a bat allied to the family Vespertilionidae. It is found only in Australia, including the island Tasmania, and widespread in southern regions. It is known to reside from sea level to at least 1,570 metres (5,150 ft) in Victoria.
Other animals of the family Vespertilionidae
Chocolate wattled bat is a member of the Vespertilionidae, as are these animals:
- Brown long-eared bat with 1 babies per pregnancy
- Robust yellow bat raching a size of 15.2 cm (0′ 6″)
- Eastern forest bat with 1 babies per pregnancy
- Variegated butterfly bat with 1 babies per pregnancy
- Hairy-tailed bat weighting only 14 grams
- Little broad-nosed bat weighting only 10 grams
- Little bent-wing bat with 1 babies per pregnancy
- Myotis bocagei weighting only 7 grams
- Groove-toothed bat weighting only 4 grams
- Allen’s big-eared bat becoming 3.17 years old
Animals that share a litter size with Chocolate wattled bat
Those animals also give birth to 1 babies at once:
- Complex-toothed flying squirrel
- Peale’s free-tailed bat
- Black-shanked douc
- Ruwenzori otter shrew
- Brown greater galago
- Gracile Atlantic spiny rat
- Niceforo’s big-eared bat
- New Zealand sea lion
- Egyptian free-tailed bat
- Giant anteater
Animals with the same weight as a Chocolate wattled bat
What other animals weight around 8 grams (0.02 lbs)?
- Northern little yellow-eared bat weighting 7 grams
- Fog shrew weighting 8 grams
- Southern ningaui weighting 9 grams
- Mediterranean horseshoe bat weighting 9 grams
- Botswanan long-eared bat weighting 7 grams
- Hairy slit-faced bat weighting 7 grams
- Wood’s slit-faced bat weighting 7 grams
- Long-legged bat weighting 8 grams
- Micronycteris nicefori weighting 8 grams
- Little bent-wing bat weighting 7 grams