How many baby Deroo’s mouses are in a litter?
A Deroo’s mouse (Praomys derooi) usually gives birth to around 3 babies.
Upon birth, they weight 1 grams (0 lbs) and measure 4 cm (0′ 2″). They are a member of the Muridae family (genus: Praomys). An adult Deroo’s mouse grows up to a size of 34.9 cm (1′ 2″).
To have a reference: Humans obviously usually have a litter size of one ;). Their babies are in the womb of their mother for 280 days (40 weeks) and reach an average size of 1.65m (5′ 5″). They weight in at 62 kg (137 lbs), which is obviously highly individual, and reach an average age of 75 years.
Deroo’s mouse or Deroo’s praomys (Praomys derooi) is a species of rodent in the family Muridae.It is found in Benin, Ghana, Nigeria, and Togo.Its natural habitats are dry savanna and urban areas.
Other animals of the family Muridae
Deroo’s mouse is a member of the Muridae, as are these animals:
- Least gerbil weighting only 26 grams
- Savanna gerbil with 3 babies per pregnancy
- Middle East blind mole-rat with 3 babies per pregnancy
- Luzon short-nosed rat raching a size of 15.2 cm (0′ 6″)
- Thomas’s mosaic-tailed rat with 1 babies per pregnancy
- Indomalayan pencil-tailed tree mouse with 2 babies per pregnancy
- Moss-forest rat with 2 babies per pregnancy
- Aquatic rat weighting only 66 grams
- White-bellied rat weighting only 100 grams
- Oecomys roberti weighting only 73 grams
Animals that share a litter size with Deroo’s mouse
Those animals also give birth to 3 babies at once:
- Beech marten
- Northern flying squirrel
- Mountain pocket gopher
- Gambian pouched rat
- Northern mole vole
- Cape York rat
- Xerus erythropus
- Long-nosed dasyure
- Western red-backed vole
- Eastern broad-toothed field mouse
Animals with the same weight as a Deroo’s mouse
What other animals weight around 32 grams (0.07 lbs)?
- Hispid hocicudo weighting 36 grams
- Wagner’s gerbil weighting 27 grams
- Panama slender opossum weighting 29 grams
- Mindanao lowland forest mouse weighting 31 grams
- Fire-bellied brush-furred rat weighting 32 grams
- Narrow-headed slender opossum weighting 26 grams
- Grey dwarf hamster weighting 30 grams
- São Paulo grass mouse weighting 27 grams
- Natal multimammate mouse weighting 30 grams
- Black bonneted bat weighting 28 grams