How many baby Hildebrandt’s horseshoe bats are in a litter?
A Hildebrandt’s horseshoe bat (Rhinolophus hildebrandti) usually gives birth to around 1 babies.With 1 litters per year, that sums up to a yearly offspring of 1 babies.
Each of those little ones spend around 92 days as a fetus before they are released into the wild. Upon birth, they weight 5 grams (0.01 lbs) and measure 1.09 meter (3′ 7″). They are a member of the Rhinolophidae family (genus: Rhinolophus). An adult Hildebrandt’s horseshoe bat grows up to a size of 3.74 meter (12′ 4″).
To have a reference: Humans obviously usually have a litter size of one ;). Their babies are in the womb of their mother for 280 days (40 weeks) and reach an average size of 1.65m (5′ 5″). They weight in at 62 kg (137 lbs), which is obviously highly individual, and reach an average age of 75 years.
Hildebrandt’s horseshoe bat (Rhinolophus hildebrandtii) is a species of bat in the family Rhinolophidae found in Africa. Its natural habitats are dry savanna, moist savanna, caves, and subterranean habitats (other than caves).
Other animals of the family Rhinolophidae
Hildebrandt’s horseshoe bat is a member of the Rhinolophidae, as are these animals:
- Rufous trident bat weighting only 13 grams
- Swinny’s horseshoe bat weighting only 7 grams
- Borneo roundleaf bat weighting only 4 grams
- Telefomin roundleaf bat weighting only 15 grams
- Least horseshoe bat with 1 babies per pregnancy
- Rufous horseshoe bat with 1 babies per pregnancy
- Hildebrandt’s horseshoe bat weighting only 25 grams
- Wollaston’s roundleaf bat weighting only 6 grams
- Dusky leaf-nosed bat with 1 babies per pregnancy
- Yellow-faced horseshoe bat weighting only 6 grams
Animals that share a litter size with Hildebrandt’s horseshoe bat
Those animals also give birth to 1 babies at once:
- Big brown bat
- Sambar deer
- Montane guinea pig
- Gracile Atlantic spiny rat
- Moonshine shrew
- Sumatran rhinoceros
- Gray whale
- Felou gundi
- Iberian ibex
- Northern naked-tailed armadillo
Animals with the same weight as a Hildebrandt’s horseshoe bat
What other animals weight around 25 grams (0.06 lbs)?
- Least gerbil weighting 26 grams
- Parantechinus bilarni weighting 23 grams
- Narrow-headed slender opossum weighting 26 grams
- Grey dwarf hamster weighting 30 grams
- Ugandan musk shrew weighting 23 grams
- Oligoryzomys flavescens weighting 21 grams
- Smoky grass mouse weighting 22 grams
- Western jumping mouse weighting 27 grams
- Northwestern deer mouse weighting 28 grams
- Ash-grey mouse weighting 30 grams