How many baby Micronycteris niceforis are in a litter?
A Micronycteris nicefori (Micronycteris nicefori) usually gives birth to around 1 babies.
Upon birth, they weight 3 grams (0.01 lbs) and measure 4.3 cm (0′ 2″). They are a member of the Phyllostomidae family (genus: Micronycteris). An adult Micronycteris nicefori grows up to a size of 5.9 cm (0′ 3″).
To have a reference: Humans obviously usually have a litter size of one ;). Their babies are in the womb of their mother for 280 days (40 weeks) and reach an average size of 1.65m (5′ 5″). They weight in at 62 kg (137 lbs), which is obviously highly individual, and reach an average age of 75 years.
Other animals of the family Phyllostomidae
Micronycteris nicefori is a member of the Phyllostomidae, as are these animals:
- Big-eared woolly bat with 1 babies per pregnancy
- Yellow-throated big-eared bat weighting only 10 grams
- Davies’s big-eared bat weighting only 18 grams
- Commissaris’s long-tongued bat weighting only 9 grams
- Davis’s round-eared bat with 1 babies per pregnancy
- Heller’s broad-nosed bat weighting only 13 grams
- Little white-shouldered bat weighting only 10 grams
- Micronycteris brachyotis weighting only 10 grams
- Handley’s tailless bat with 1 babies per pregnancy
- Lesser long-tongued bat weighting only 8 grams
Animals that share a litter size with Micronycteris nicefori
Those animals also give birth to 1 babies at once:
- Sloggett’s vlei rat
- Pallid bat
- Collared titi
- White-faced spiny tree-rat
- Scimitar oryx
- Nathusius’s pipistrelle
- Kerivoula hardwickei
- Red forest duiker
- Wedge-capped capuchin
- Giant anteater
Animals with the same weight as a Micronycteris nicefori
What other animals weight around 8 grams (0.02 lbs)?
- Little Japanese horseshoe bat weighting 7 grams
- Rüppell’s pipistrelle weighting 7 grams
- Bourret’s horseshoe bat weighting 8 grams
- Long-legged myotis weighting 8 grams
- Mediterranean horseshoe bat weighting 9 grams
- Blackish small-eared shrew weighting 8 grams
- Siberian large-toothed shrew weighting 8 grams
- Thick-eared bat weighting 8 grams
- Crosse’s shrew weighting 8 grams
- Ozimops planiceps weighting 9 grams