How many baby Moluccan naked-backed fruit bats are in a litter?
A Moluccan naked-backed fruit bat (Dobsonia moluccensis) usually gives birth to around 1 babies.With 1 litters per year, that sums up to a yearly offspring of 1 babies.
Each of those little ones spend around 156 days as a fetus before they are released into the wild. Upon birth, they weight 76 grams (0.17 lbs) and measure 4 cm (0′ 2″). They are a member of the Pteropodidae family (genus: Dobsonia). An adult Moluccan naked-backed fruit bat grows up to a size of 11.7 cm (0′ 5″).
To have a reference: Humans obviously usually have a litter size of one ;). Their babies are in the womb of their mother for 280 days (40 weeks) and reach an average size of 1.65m (5′ 5″). They weight in at 62 kg (137 lbs), which is obviously highly individual, and reach an average age of 75 years.
The Moluccan naked-backed fruit bat (Dobsonia moluccensis) is a species of megabat in the family Pteropodidae.It is found in the Maluku Islands and Western New Guinea of Indonesia, Papua New Guinea, and Australia.
Other animals of the family Pteropodidae
Moluccan naked-backed fruit bat is a member of the Pteropodidae, as are these animals:
- Demonic tube-nosed fruit bat weighting only 53 grams
- Black-eared flying fox with 1 babies per pregnancy
- Sulawesi naked-backed fruit bat weighting only 301 grams
- Indian flying fox with 1 babies per pregnancy
- Franquet’s epauletted fruit bat with 1 babies per pregnancy
- Black-capped fruit bat weighting only 17 grams
- Zenker’s fruit bat weighting only 21 grams
- Minute fruit bat weighting only 26 grams
- Pemba flying fox with 1 babies per pregnancy
- Solomon’s naked-backed fruit bat weighting only 152 grams
Animals that share a litter size with Moluccan naked-backed fruit bat
Those animals also give birth to 1 babies at once:
- Burchell’s zebra
- De Vis’s woolly rat
- Caspian seal
- Tweedy’s crab-eating rat
- Delicate mouse
- Sowerby’s beaked whale
- Rothschild’s woolly rat
- Northern hairy-nosed wombat
- Black-winged little yellow bat
Animals with the same weight as a Moluccan naked-backed fruit bat
What other animals weight around 439 grams (0.97 lbs)?
- Natterer’s tuco-tuco weighting 400 grams
- Moluccan naked-backed fruit bat weighting 465 grams
- Long-tailed armored tree-rat weighting 439 grams
- Volcano rabbit weighting 465 grams
- Greater mole-rat weighting 470 grams
- Striped possum weighting 413 grams
- Variegated squirrel weighting 485 grams
- Yellow-crowned brush-tailed rat weighting 445 grams
- Giant pocket gopher weighting 499 grams
- Allegheny woodrat weighting 447 grams