It is hard to guess what a Allegheny woodrat weights. But we have the answer:
An adult Allegheny woodrat (Neotoma magister) on average weights 447 grams (0.99 lbs).
The Allegheny woodrat is from the family Cricetidae (genus: Neotoma). It is usually born with about 15 grams (0.03 lbs). When reaching adult age, they grow up to 3.7 cm (0′ 2″). Usually, Allegheny woodrats have 2 babies per litter.
As a reference: An average human weights in at 62 kg (137 lbs) and reaches an average size of 1.65m (5′ 5″). Humans spend 280 days (40 weeks) in the womb of their mother and reach around 75 years of age.
The Allegheny woodrat (Neotoma magister), is a species of “pack rat” in the genus Neotoma. Once believed to be a subspecies of the eastern woodrat (Neotoma floridana), extensive DNA analysis has proven it to be a distinct species.
Animals of the same family as a Allegheny woodrat
We found other animals of the Cricetidae family:
- Northwestern deer mouse with a weight of 28 grams
- Blackish grass mouse with a weight of 19 grams
- Sikkim mountain vole with 2 babies per litter
- Brucepattersonius iheringi with a weight of 43 grams
- Hairy-tailed bolo mouse with a weight of 39 grams
- Kolan vole with 1 babies per litter
- Big-eared woodrat with a weight of 225 grams
- Northern grass mouse with a weight of 44 grams
- Montane grass mouse with a size of 7.5 cm (0′ 3″)
- Sooretamys with a weight of 120 grams
Animals with the same weight as a Allegheny woodrat
As a comparison, here are some other animals that weight as much as the Neotoma magister:
- Numbat bringing 517 grams to the scale
- Franklin’s ground squirrel bringing 458 grams to the scale
- Black and rufous elephant shrew bringing 423 grams to the scale
- Yellow-crowned brush-tailed rat bringing 445 grams to the scale
- Darien pocket gopher bringing 437 grams to the scale
- Northern quoll bringing 477 grams to the scale
- Mountain giant Sunda rat bringing 419 grams to the scale
- Volcano rabbit bringing 465 grams to the scale
- Short-tailed chinchilla bringing 499 grams to the scale
- Seychelles fruit bat bringing 491 grams to the scale
Animals with the same litter size as a Allegheny woodrat
Here is a list of animals that have the same number of babies per litter (2) as a Allegheny woodrat: