It is hard to guess what a Charming thicket rat weights. But we have the answer:
An adult Charming thicket rat (Thamnomys venustus) on average weights 61 grams (0.13 lbs).
The Charming thicket rat is from the family Muridae (genus: Thamnomys). When reaching adult age, they grow up to 100 cm (3′ 4″). Usually, Charming thicket rats have 1 babies per litter.
As a reference: An average human weights in at 62 kg (137 lbs) and reaches an average size of 1.65m (5′ 5″). Humans spend 280 days (40 weeks) in the womb of their mother and reach around 75 years of age.
The charming thicket rat (Thamnomys venustus) is a species of rodent in the family Muridae. It is described as data deficient as Thamnomys schoutedeni.It is found in Democratic Republic of the Congo, Rwanda, and Uganda.Its natural habitat is subtropical or tropical moist montane forests.It is threatened by habitat loss.
Animals of the same family as a Charming thicket rat
We found other animals of the Muridae family:
- Dusky hopping mouse with a weight of 39 grams
- Least groove-toothed swamp rat with a weight of 50 grams
- Blick’s grass rat with a weight of 128 grams
- Black-tailed gerbil with a weight of 123 grams
- Chiapan climbing rat with a weight of 280 grams
- Pouched gerbil with a weight of 10 grams
- Oecomys concolor with a weight of 54 grams
- Olrog’s chaco mouse with a weight of 32 grams
- Ciscaucasian hamster with 9 babies per litter
- South African pouched mouse with a weight of 50 grams
Animals with the same weight as a Charming thicket rat
As a comparison, here are some other animals that weight as much as the Thamnomys venustus:
- Greater nectar bat bringing 72 grams to the scale
- Edward’s swamp rat bringing 63 grams to the scale
- Indonesian short-nosed fruit bat bringing 59 grams to the scale
- Andean swamp rat bringing 64 grams to the scale
- Ammodile bringing 50 grams to the scale
- Webb’s tufted-tailed rat bringing 61 grams to the scale
- Guinea multimammate mouse bringing 64 grams to the scale
- Mindomys bringing 60 grams to the scale
- Cabrera’s vole bringing 52 grams to the scale
- Gray-collared chipmunk bringing 61 grams to the scale
Animals with the same litter size as a Charming thicket rat
Here is a list of animals that have the same number of babies per litter (1) as a Charming thicket rat: