It is hard to guess what a Darwin’s leaf-eared mouse weights. But we have the answer:
An adult Darwin’s leaf-eared mouse (Phyllotis darwini) on average weights 49 grams (0.11 lbs).
The Darwin’s leaf-eared mouse is from the family Muridae (genus: Phyllotis). When reaching adult age, they grow up to 10.5 cm (0′ 5″). Usually, Darwin’s leaf-eared mouses have 4 babies per litter.
As a reference: An average human weights in at 62 kg (137 lbs) and reaches an average size of 1.65m (5′ 5″). Humans spend 280 days (40 weeks) in the womb of their mother and reach around 75 years of age.
(Phyllotis darwini) is a species of rodent in the family Cricetidae.It has terrestrial habits and is endemic to coastal central and northern Chile. It is also found in the Atacama Desert. Members of the species have been found in the Llanos de Challe national park of the Atacama desert.
Animals of the same family as a Darwin’s leaf-eared mouse
We found other animals of the Muridae family:
- Edwards’s long-tailed giant rat with a weight of 304 grams
- Buenos Aires leaf-eared mouse with a weight of 42 grams
- Stella wood mouse with a weight of 19 grams
- Indian bush rat with a weight of 60 grams
- Woosnam’s brush-furred rat with a weight of 42 grams
- Oecomys rex with a weight of 73 grams
- Giluwe rat with a size of 15 cm (0′ 6″)
- Roborovski dwarf hamster with a size of 7.2 cm (0′ 3″)
- Sikkim mountain vole with 2 babies per litter
- Sumichrast’s vesper rat with a weight of 59 grams
Animals with the same weight as a Darwin’s leaf-eared mouse
As a comparison, here are some other animals that weight as much as the Phyllotis darwini:
- Thomas’s water mouse bringing 40 grams to the scale
- Asian house shrew bringing 43 grams to the scale
- Jico deer mouse bringing 40 grams to the scale
- Greater bulldog bat bringing 45 grams to the scale
- Oecomys concolor bringing 54 grams to the scale
- Mitchell’s hopping mouse bringing 42 grams to the scale
- Paramo hocicudo bringing 41 grams to the scale
- Dusky slender opossum bringing 46 grams to the scale
- Uinta chipmunk bringing 51 grams to the scale
- Alston’s cotton rat bringing 55 grams to the scale
Animals with the same litter size as a Darwin’s leaf-eared mouse
Here is a list of animals that have the same number of babies per litter (4) as a Darwin’s leaf-eared mouse: