It is hard to guess what a Nyika climbing mouse weights. But we have the answer:
An adult Nyika climbing mouse (Dendromus nyikae) on average weights 15 grams (0.03 lbs).
The Nyika climbing mouse is from the family Muridae (genus: Dendromus). When reaching adult age, they grow up to 62.4 cm (2′ 1″). Usually, Nyika climbing mouses have 4 babies per litter.
As a reference: An average human weights in at 62 kg (137 lbs) and reaches an average size of 1.65m (5′ 5″). Humans spend 280 days (40 weeks) in the womb of their mother and reach around 75 years of age.
The Nyika climbing mouse (Dendromus nyikae) is a species of rodent in the family Nesomyidae.It is found in Angola, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Malawi, Mozambique, South Africa, Tanzania, Zambia, and Zimbabwe.Its natural habitat is moist savanna.
Animals of the same family as a Nyika climbing mouse
We found other animals of the Muridae family:
- Charming climbing mouse with a weight of 89 grams
- Moss-forest rat with a weight of 46 grams
- Paramo Oldfield mouse with a weight of 77 grams
- Major’s pine vole with 3 babies per litter
- Red-bellied mosaic-tailed rat with a weight of 78 grams
- Euryoryzomys nitidus with a weight of 55 grams
- Nectomys squamipes with a weight of 185 grams
- Blanford’s rat with 2 babies per litter
- Euryoryzomys macconnelli with a weight of 62 grams
- Woodland thicket rat with a weight of 42 grams
Animals with the same weight as a Nyika climbing mouse
As a comparison, here are some other animals that weight as much as the Dendromus nyikae:
- Intermediate horseshoe bat bringing 13 grams to the scale
- Welwitsch’s bat bringing 15 grams to the scale
- Handley’s tailless bat bringing 17 grams to the scale
- White-footed mouse bringing 18 grams to the scale
- Therese’s shrew bringing 17 grams to the scale
- Large-eared slit-faced bat bringing 14 grams to the scale
- Big free-tailed bat bringing 18 grams to the scale
- Western pygmy possum bringing 15 grams to the scale
- Lesser short-tailed gerbil bringing 17 grams to the scale
- Acuminate horseshoe bat bringing 12 grams to the scale
Animals with the same litter size as a Nyika climbing mouse
Here is a list of animals that have the same number of babies per litter (4) as a Nyika climbing mouse: