It is hard to guess what a Malayan mountain spiny rat weights. But we have the answer:
An adult Malayan mountain spiny rat (Maxomys inas) on average weights 90 grams (0.2 lbs).
The Malayan mountain spiny rat is from the family Muridae (genus: Maxomys). When reaching adult age, they grow up to 16.7 cm (0′ 7″). Usually, Malayan mountain spiny rats have 2 babies per litter.
As a reference: An average human weights in at 62 kg (137 lbs) and reaches an average size of 1.65m (5′ 5″). Humans spend 280 days (40 weeks) in the womb of their mother and reach around 75 years of age.
The Malayan mountain spiny rat (Maxomys inas) is a species of rodent in the family Muridae.It is found only in Malaysia.
Animals of the same family as a Malayan mountain spiny rat
We found other animals of the Muridae family:
- Lesser hamster-rat with a weight of 75 grams
- Namaqua rock rat with a weight of 57 grams
- Peterson’s chinchilla mouse with a weight of 83 grams
- Mediterranean pine vole with a weight of 22 grams
- Tamaulipan woodrat with a weight of 198 grams
- Reed vole with 5 babies per litter
- Palawan soft-furred mountain rat with a size of 14.4 cm (0′ 6″)
- Mount Kahuzi climbing mouse with 3 babies per litter
- Round-tailed muskrat with a weight of 265 grams
- Deroo’s mouse with a weight of 32 grams
Animals with the same weight as a Malayan mountain spiny rat
As a comparison, here are some other animals that weight as much as the Maxomys inas:
- Mountain spiny pocket mouse bringing 74 grams to the scale
- Highland streaked tenrec bringing 102 grams to the scale
- Chestnut white-bellied rat bringing 81 grams to the scale
- Daphne’s Oldfield mouse bringing 77 grams to the scale
- Oecomys speciosus bringing 73 grams to the scale
- Libyan jird bringing 91 grams to the scale
- Summit rat bringing 107 grams to the scale
- Charming climbing mouse bringing 89 grams to the scale
- Greater spear-nosed bat bringing 91 grams to the scale
- Aegialomys xanthaeolus bringing 79 grams to the scale
Animals with the same litter size as a Malayan mountain spiny rat
Here is a list of animals that have the same number of babies per litter (2) as a Malayan mountain spiny rat: