It is hard to guess what a Paraguaian hairy dwarf porcupine weights. But we have the answer:
An adult Paraguaian hairy dwarf porcupine (Sphiggurus villosus) on average weights 1.75 kg (3.86 lbs).
The Paraguaian hairy dwarf porcupine is from the family Erethizontidae (genus: Sphiggurus). When reaching adult age, they grow up to 16.6 cm (0′ 7″). Usually, Paraguaian hairy dwarf porcupines have 1 babies per litter.
As a reference: An average human weights in at 62 kg (137 lbs) and reaches an average size of 1.65m (5′ 5″). Humans spend 280 days (40 weeks) in the womb of their mother and reach around 75 years of age.
The Paraguaian hairy dwarf porcupine, Coendou spinosus, is a South American porcupine species from the family Erethizontidae. It is found in Argentina, Brazil, Paraguay and Uruguay.They have a short tail and gray brown quills and feed on fruits, ant pupae, vegetables and roots.This species was formerly sometimes assigned to Sphiggurus, a genus no longer recognized since genetic studies showed it to be polyphyletic. The population formerly recognized as the orange-spined hairy dwarf porcupine (Sphiggurus villosus) has been reclassified to this species. Its closest relatives are the bicolored-spined porcupine (Coendou bicolor) and the black dwarf porcupine (Coendou nycthemera).
Animals of the same family as a Paraguaian hairy dwarf porcupine
We found other animals of the Erethizontidae family:
- Mexican hairy dwarf porcupine bringing 2 kilos (4.41 lbs) to the scale
- Black dwarf porcupine bringing 3 kilos (6.61 lbs) to the scale
- Paraguaian hairy dwarf porcupine with a weight of 751 grams
- Bahia porcupine with a weight of 999 grams
- Rothschild’s porcupine bringing 2 kilos (4.41 lbs) to the scale
- Stump-tailed porcupine with a weight of 832 grams
- Brazilian porcupine bringing 4.12 kilos (9.08 lbs) to the scale
- Black-tailed hairy dwarf porcupine bringing 1.9 kilos (4.19 lbs) to the scale
- Brown hairy dwarf porcupine with a weight of 736 grams
- Bicolored-spined porcupine bringing 4.49 kilos (9.9 lbs) to the scale
Animals with the same weight as a Paraguaian hairy dwarf porcupine
As a comparison, here are some other animals that weight as much as the Sphiggurus villosus:
- European rabbit with a weight of 1.59 kilos (3.51 lbs)
- Rock-haunting ringtail possum with a weight of 1.88 kilos (4.14 lbs)
- Tree pangolin with a weight of 1.54 kilos (3.4 lbs)
- Malagasy civet with a weight of 1.86 kilos (4.1 lbs)
- White-faced saki with a weight of 1.67 kilos (3.68 lbs)
- Ruddy mongoose with a weight of 1.7 kilos (3.75 lbs)
- Asiatic brush-tailed porcupine with a weight of 2 kilos (4.41 lbs)
- Long-tailed porcupine with a weight of 1.75 kilos (3.86 lbs)
- Grandidier’s mongoose with a weight of 1.4 kilos (3.09 lbs)
- Nilgiri marten with a weight of 2.04 kilos (4.5 lbs)
Animals with the same litter size as a Paraguaian hairy dwarf porcupine
Here is a list of animals that have the same number of babies per litter (1) as a Paraguaian hairy dwarf porcupine: