How many baby Charming thicket rats are in a litter?
A Charming thicket rat (Thamnomys venustus) usually gives birth to around 1 babies.
Upon birth, they weight 2 grams (0 lbs) and measure 36.8 cm (1′ 3″). They are a member of the Muridae family (genus: Thamnomys). An adult Charming thicket rat grows up to a size of 100 cm (3′ 4″).
To have a reference: Humans obviously usually have a litter size of one ;). Their babies are in the womb of their mother for 280 days (40 weeks) and reach an average size of 1.65m (5′ 5″). They weight in at 62 kg (137 lbs), which is obviously highly individual, and reach an average age of 75 years.
The charming thicket rat (Thamnomys venustus) is a species of rodent in the family Muridae. It is described as data deficient as Thamnomys schoutedeni.It is found in Democratic Republic of the Congo, Rwanda, and Uganda.Its natural habitat is subtropical or tropical moist montane forests.It is threatened by habitat loss.
Other animals of the family Muridae
Charming thicket rat is a member of the Muridae, as are these animals:
- Bougainville naked-tailed rat weighting only 397 grams
- Ammodile weighting only 50 grams
- Creek groove-toothed swamp rat with 4 babies per pregnancy
- Puno grass mouse weighting only 30 grams
- Bramble Cay melomys weighting only 100 grams
- Eastern broad-toothed field mouse with 3 babies per pregnancy
- Southern mole vole with 3 babies per pregnancy
- Tarabundí vole with 1 babies per pregnancy
- Sloggett’s vlei rat with 1 babies per pregnancy
- Nectomys squamipes with 4 babies per pregnancy
Animals that share a litter size with Charming thicket rat
Those animals also give birth to 1 babies at once:
- Indiana bat
- Grévy’s zebra
- Zanzibar bushbaby
- Black-shanked douc
- Fulvus roundleaf bat
- Dian’s tarsier
- Long-nosed mosaic-tailed rat
- Van Gelder’s bat
Animals with the same weight as a Charming thicket rat
What other animals weight around 61 grams (0.13 lbs)?
- Spectacled dormouse weighting 68 grams
- Small Japanese mole weighting 65 grams
- Obi mosaic-tailed rat weighting 71 grams
- Pohle’s fruit bat weighting 69 grams
- Aegialomys galapagoensis weighting 63 grams
- Southern flying squirrel weighting 72 grams
- Oecomys concolor weighting 54 grams
- Cerradomys subflavus weighting 49 grams
- South African pouched mouse weighting 50 grams
- Rusty-bellied brush-furred rat weighting 62 grams